Today we launched a new website for one of the major Danish mortgage provider, Totalkredit. They are known by all Danes due to their tv-ads (produced by TBWA\Copenhagen), that everyone either hates or loves. This is a very big client, and thus they require a very big website. But as they are for the people and tries to communicate directly with the common man, the website need not be corporate, but must be rich with content, easy to use and with many features that will create returning visitors.
Other features of the site, that makes this a very satisfying job to have completed:
- It is of course search engine optimized (Hijax preserves this)
- The URL is modified on every major page change using fragments in order to allow deep-linking and bookmarking (this is partly self-developed, partly borrowed from SWFAddress)
- And given the above, that “back” and “forward” buttons of the browser works (unlike many other full-Ajax websites)
- The site includes Google Maps (you can’t go wrong with that!)
- The site is tested and optimized for Internet Explorer 6 and 7 as well as Firefox 2 (and friends).
Enough talking, here is the site: http://www.totalkredit.dk – “unfortunately” most of the site is in Danish except for a small investor-part.